On this day in 1999 Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Here are some fun facts!
Each car has a different song in the sound track. There are 5 different cars each has their own song. Here is the list of license tags and songs that go with them.
- 1QKLIMO - “Nine Lives”
- UGOGIRL - “Walk this Way” and “Lovin in the Elevator”
- BUHBYE - “Young Lust”, “F.I.N.E.*” & “Love in an Elevator”
- H8TRFFC - “Back in the Saddle” & “Dude (Looks Like a Lady)”
- 2FAST4U - “Sweet Emotion”(live)
- More than 60 hours of music is played in the line before it repeats.
- There are over 900 speakers inside the ride.
- It was Disney’s first “upside down” roller coaster.
- The coaster accelerates from 0 to 57 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds, making this the second-fastest attraction at the Walt Disney World Resort.
- The riders experience 4.5g (44 m/s2) as they enter the first inversion, more than an astronaut does on a space shuttle launch.
- The pre-show has changed from when the attraction first opened. Currently, band member Joe Perry would ask “Chris” to “grab my black Les Paul.” A Disney cast member in the pre-show area would then pick up and remove a black guitar signed by Joe Perry from the set.
- The Stratocaster guitar at the entrance of the attraction is 40 feet tall and has a 32-foot-long neck.
- One in the pre-show, found on a small chalkboard in the bottom right corner of the sound room.
- Another in the pre-show, found on the ground, formed by three coils of wire.
- One in place of each “Expiration Date” for the license plates on the limos.
- Many on the floor in Studio C, hidden in the carpet pattern.
- In the loading room after the pre-show studio, look on the bulletin board behind the fence for some hidden treasures!
- One found on a yellow sign behind a red limo, and one on the ground in a cityscape area on the track ride itself.
- Two in the tile mosaic in the rotunda before the recording studio near the marble doors.
- One in the post show area to the right as one enters this area.
- Many on Steven Tyler’s shirt on the poster outside.
- One on Joe Perry’s medallion on the outside poster.